Thursday, September 12, 2013

Week 28

Well not too much is new. I had my last 4 week doctor's appointment. I see her every two weeks from here on out. My next ultrasound is at either 32 or 34 weeks but was told I don't see much because he is so squishy. I have my gestational diabetes test next appointment. Poor Cody has his birthday that day. We had already taken the day off so it just worked, but I hope we can get in and out of there quick (that's what she said... haha sorry, couldn't help myself). The thought of drinking that glucola or whatever it is makes me sick to my stomach. I just hope it comes back negative.

Apparently, since my torso is so short Boston is going to start growing out horizontally since almost all the room vertically has been taken up. People have told me I don't look pregnant from the back, but I guess that'll change here soon enough! As for symptoms/cravings, I just want ice cream and sweets all the time. I have heartburn like you wouldn't believe after everything I eat. I have my muscle cramp, which is also because I have such a tiny torso according to the doctor. I'm just being pulled in all directions and that muscle can't take it so it hurts. I am swollen and have back pain but that's normal. It's the best when I can feel my little boy roll across my stomach. It almost feels like when you get butterflies going down the hill of a rollercoaster. It's amazing though. I am absolutely petrified for labor. I have the Braxton Hicks contractions that aren't even that intense yet and it hurts. We'll see how I do when it comes down to the real thing. Let's see the other things are the stretchmarks continue to spread and I am developing red freckles like my mom. She says just to blame Boston but that might just be hereditary.

I love being a mommy so far. I look forward to holding my son in just a few weeks (11-ish now). Despite all the things that you can complain about with pregnancy it's really an amazing thing. I feel so blessed every time I feel the little man kick or hiccup. He is such a blessing!

Just a warning to everyone, I may be blogging more frequently. Cody has started EMT school and is gone at school 16 hours a week in addition to 40 hours of work a week. That doesn't include the hours of homework he has afterwards. I may be really bored and writing helps me be distracted a little. It's only his second day of school tonight and I feel a little lonely and bored. I can handle 7 more weeks of this right? Anyways, that's about all the update I have for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment