Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Week 34

Well, only 3 more weeks until I am technically full term. I can't even express how excited I am!

I feel like Boston is getting much bigger. He doesn't grow outward now though. Like my doctor predicted, he is now growing out the sides. It makes me a little self-conscious but it's okay. I just have to remember that it's mostly baby. I have stretch marks all the way around and they reach just above my belly button now. Boston is starting to keep me up at night. When I lay close to Cody's back Boston will kick up and down Code's back and bum. It's funny. I think he knows it's his daddy and wants to play. His kicks are getting harder and it gets harder not to pee my pants when he punches my bladder. The Braxton Hicks are getting a little more painful everyday.

I finally switched doctors. Cody and my mom convinced me. I now have Eve Blair at Lone Peak Hospital. I feel SO much better about labor and everything now. She is so sweet and explains everything perfectly. Instead of just saying, "No you don't have toxemia" she explains why I don't. So I can get rid of that worry. I did find out, however, that my platelets are low. They like to have them between 140-200 and the first time I was tested, I was at 146. The second time I was in the 120's somewhere. Eve told me that if I wanted an epidural and my platelets were low during labor, I wouldn't be able to have one because of risk of bleeding. I'm grateful I haven't been planning on getting an epidural because I would be livid if I went into labor planning on that pain relief and being refused. That's something Dr. Nippert "forgot" to tell me I guess.

I have been having very severe anxiety about labor and after meeting with Eve I feel much better. I am glad Cody's schooling is almost over. I don't do very well alone. I find myself not wanting to do anything and feeling really sad. Since I have a history of depression I have tried to be careful not to fall back into it. I feel happy most days, but when I can't be with him it's really hard.

Last thing! Cody was such a sweetheart and moved the apartment around so we have a studio type apartment. Our bed is out by the fireplace now and what was the master bedroom is going to be the nursery now. I feel so much better! It's still heck trying to keep the place clean but I am getting better at it.

That's all I have this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment