Monday, March 31, 2014

Learning, Sleep Training, and Paleo

This past week was on the more difficult side. I have really struggled making friends here in Cedar and have been really lonely. I do have my friend Katie down here that has been a life saver but I know no one in my ward so far. There is a guy in the bishopric that has fixed our toilet and dishwasher but that's about it. I had a melt down about it (typical for me) and wanted to move back to South Jordan so bad. I know that Cody and I both felt so strong about living down here though so I just need to see why Heavenly Father wants us down here so badly. We visited our families this weekend and it was really hard to say goodbye, but I decided I am going to have a positive attitude and really try to reach out to people this week and try to love where we are at.

I was able to talk to Cody's cousins this weekend as well about sleep training. Boston doesn't like to take naps if we aren't holding him and it's killing me. So I am attempting sleep training this week. This morning he napped like a champion! He went right to sleep with no tears and slept for a little over an hour. That's huge for him! I just put him down for his second nap and it's been tough. I put him in his crib with his blanket, stuffed animal and binky, kissed him, and said goodnight. He cried for ten minutes so I went in and put the blanket on him and the binky in his mouth and walked out again. I did the same thing fifteen minutes later. And again twenty minutes later. I think he has finally fallen asleep as I am writing this because he isn't screaming anymore (YAY!!). This is going to be very hard, but hopefully we get the hang of it sooner than later.

Last but not least, we are back on Paleo! We had a lovely cheat weekend with our families and ate pizza and waffles and all the good stuff. I have lost three and a half pounds since starting and Cody has lost four. He doesn't have a whole lot to lose in my opinion but I'm so proud of him. We are trying to walk a lot too with our sweet boy. My three and a half pounds is awesome for me! I have seventeen and a half pounds to go, but I have taken a good step in getting there. Plus I feel better and have a little more energy throughout the day. I'm a big fan of this diet! Cody and I are going to start altering it a little to be able to have cheese and very little bread so we are switching from a diet to a healthy lifestyle and it's going to be a great change.

No comments:

Post a Comment